Visita Iglesia in Ilocos Sur: Remembering the Lord this Holy Week
If you’re excited for the Holy Week’s bisita iglesia, you’ll be more thrilled to know that there are lots of beautiful churches to check out in the amazing province of Ilocos Sur. That’s right! This place is filled with tourist attractions you can spot while visit the following churches with your family and friends. So, here are the top picks you can include in your bisita iglesia in Ilocos Sur:
- St. Paul Metropolitan Cathedral. This popular church is located in Vigan City. It was established in 1547 under Juan de Salcedo, the founder and conquistador of Vigan (Villa Fernandina). The cathedral is rich in history, but it remains a sacred place for locals and tourists in Vigan. Make sure to include this in your bisita iglesia in Ilocos Sur to make the most of your experience.Recommended Places to Stay in Vigan: Hotel Luna (high end) or Grandpa’s Inn (budget)
2. St. Augustine Parish Church. Also known as Bantay Church or Shrine of Our Lady of Charity, this is located in San Agustin, Bantay, Ilocos Sur. The belfry is one of the highlights of this basilica. When you enter the facade, you’ll be amazed by the Romanesque architecture. A bisita iglesia in this cathedral is one memorable journey to cherish.
Recommended Place to Stay in Bantay: One Vittorio Hotel
3. Church of Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion. This is located in Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur. In 1810, the cathedral was originally established by Augustinian priests. It’s another baroque church that the Philippines takes pride of. You won’t regret visiting this place this semana santa because of the unique architecture it resembles.
4. St. Nicholas of Tolentino Parish Church. This is located in Sinait, Ilocos Sur. If you’re passing by this town, you might as well visit the cathedral. The beautiful architecture of this ancient church will give you peace of mind as you enter the facade. Pray with your family here and think of the real essence of bisit iglesia in the Philippines.
5. Sta. Maria Church. Another pride of Ilocos Sur. This UNESCO World Heritage Church is becoming more popular among local and foreign tourists. In fact. A lot of visitors are checking the site especially during Lenten season. Visit this famous church with your family and feel the solemnity of the area. And not only that, there are local sights to see in this town during holy week.
6. Magsingal Church. Locally known as San Guillermo Ermitanyo Church. This church is a great addition in your bisita iglesia in Ilocos Sur trip. The baroque pulpit detail of the altar is one of a kind. The details are gold painted with beautiful ornaments and designs. You shouldn’t miss this one for your holy week adventure in this lovely province of Ilocos.
7. San Vicente Church. A baroque style church build in the 17th century.
What are your plans for the holy week break? Better secure an Ilocos Sur hotel by reserving via Agoda, Booking or Travelbook.PH. Have a blessed week!